The Sustainable Routes programme is an exciting project that helps businesses reduce the cost of business travel. A grant of £1,000 is available towards the cost of implementing initiatives to encourage smarter working practices and reduce CO2 emissions.
Value: £2.5 million
The project will run between October 2009 and December 2015.
Sustainable Routes has been part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) 2007-2013, and is overseen by Department for Communities and Local Government.
- National Business Travel Network
- Buckinghamshire County Council
- Milton Keynes Council
- Reading Borough Council
- Wokingham Borough Council
- Oxfordshire County Council
- 3100 tonne reduction in the region’s CO2 Emissions
- 470 businesses assisted to improve their performance
- Over 970 businesses engaged in developing sustainable mobility strategies
- 220 businesses making financial savings from improved energy and resource efficiency
- 140 businesses involved in business networks
- Over £322,000 net increase in the regions Gross Value Added (GVA)
Over the life of the programme Ngage will award over 600 grants to help businesses throughout the South East cut back on business mileage, save money on travel and reduce their carbon emissions. The grants can be used for expenditure such as consultancy on remote working infrastructures, developing flexible working policies, showers and bike racks, video-conferencing equipment, laptops and vehicle fuel conversion to LPG.
For more information visit the Sustainable Routes website.
To find out how we can work with you to ensure efficient
and effective delivery of your next project, just give us a call.